FINAL CONCLUSION ON THE MOVIE MWABI CAN THEY SEE US
The issue of the movie in question has now come to a conclusion after positive engagements with stakeholders involved in the matter.
Both the Albinism community and the producers of the film have agreed to CHANGE THE TITLE of the film and the following actions will be taken ;
1) the producers will print and circulate new posters , flyers and banners which will not include the term Mwabi of it.
2) the producers will issue a press statement in which they will inform the public on the change of title of the film and offer an apology to for the inconvenience caused.
3) The producers will edit the movie and remove the term Mwabi from the video
4) During the premiere of the film the speakers will denounce the term Mwabi and discourage people from using derogatory terms on persons with albinism
5) due to limited time in making another edited movie the Albinism community has ONLY allowed the producers to use the movie that has mwabi on it only ON WEDNESDAY 26th October 2022 because the event is already organised. After that the movie with the term mwabi WILL NEVER BE USED ELSEWHERE
this is the final agreed position on the matter and the issue will progress as guided