By DERRICK SINJELA
TOURISM Minister Rodney Malindi Sikumba has unveiled the new Board of the Zambia Tourism Agency (ZTA).
While the process of enacting a new board took long, Mr. Sikumba having a team of men and women giving corporate governance direction to the Zambia Tourism Agency, guarantees ZTA’s role in marketing tourism.
From the outset Sikumba stated that the responsibilities of the ZTA involve providing direction to the agency, establishing a policy-based governance system, setting strategic goals, providing leadership and over-sight to ensure that Zambia Tourism Agency achieves its mandate.
The following are the Board Members;
1. Mr. Daniel Brink – CEO for Livingstone Adventures Group of Companies (Chairperson)
2. Ms. Keira Lynne Irwin – Commercial Director of Proflight Zambia (Member)
3. Ms. Lillian S. Bwalya – Director Tourism at Ministry of Tourism (Member)
4. Dr. Lucy Nyundo – Marketing Research and Consultant – Zambia Institute of Marketing (Member)
5. Ms. Celin Meena Nair – Principal Legal Advisor – Ministry of Justice (Member)
6. Mr. Andrew Mwiinga – Assistant Director at Ministry of Local Government & Rural Development (Member)
7.Mr. Matongo Matamwandi – Vice Chancellor at Kenneth Kaunda Metropolitan University (Member).